We encourage you to try our facility on a day’s free trial. This trial includes your choice of a gym workout, using the cardiovascular room and weights room, or attending one of our fun and motivating classes. Simply call us to book your free session at 01332366011. To take advantage of this free days trial, you must make an appointment and given a pass by a Stripes member of staff.
- Highly-qualified Trainers with fantastic people skills and the ability to motivate and achieve high levels of results.
- Personal Training in Derby at it’s very best.
- A fun, effective Fitness Class Timetable designed to satisfy the needs of all ages and fitness levels.
- A fully equipped gym with cardiovascular machines, resistance machines, and free weights.
- The beautiful and serene Tranquility Spa where clients receive the ultimate in luxury massages to relax and heal the body, clear the mind and calm the spirit.
- Holistic and Spiritual Treatments such as Reiki and Reiki Massage.
- Rehabilitation in Derby that addresses every need: cardiovascular (heart and circulatory disease), diabetes, joint replacements, high blood pressure, cancer recovery, and general deconditioning.
- An amazing Off-Peak Over 60′s program incorporating classes and training to meet the needs of this fantastic and fit age group.
Health and Wellness Assessment
Stripes is now offering a new health and fitness assessment for a nominal fee. This assessment will provide valuable health information to both the client and ourselves, pinpointing both strengths and weaknesses which will allow us to create a program that is tailor-made for that individual. The tests include: Blood Pressure, Anatomical Measurements, Body Stat which measures muscle to fat ratios, hydration levels, estimated basal metabolic rate, Lung Capacity, Sit and Reach Flexibility test for hamstrings and low back, Grip Test, 3-minute Step Test to measure Cardiovascular Fitness, postural assessment, and Half Curl Sit Up Test to measure core strength. These tests will provide a valuable bench mark to determine improvements in proceeding programs.
Stripes prides itself on having facilities suitable for all ages and levels of fitness. Due to the fact however that Stripes is more of a “Family” training gym, we do not cater to those who wish to do Body Building. We have intentionally limited the free weights because the size and membership of our facility is not compatible with body building training methods. Therefore, we would suggest if you need a facility for body building training, you look to a gym that supplies heavier weights.
The Gym in Derby that stands apart from the Rest!
Derby Fitness at it’s Best!